Tourist Places of Thrissur
Travel Home >
[My-Kerala.Com: Thrissur Map]
[My-Kerala.Com: Tourist Places of Thrissur]
1. The Vadakkum Nathan Temple. The heart of Trichur. Is open for worship form
4 am-10.30 am and 5 pm to 8.30. Non Hindus are not allowed inside. Trichur
pooram- Celebrated at the Vadakkum Natha temple during April /May. Pooram in the
most spectacular festival and kerala's greatest temple pagentry which includes
colour processions of caprisioned elephants and a midnight fire works display.
2. Zoo. 2 km from the town On a 13.5 area area live a variety of fauna like
the lion failed macaque, sloth bear, species of birds an deer. The snake part
has a collection of king cobras. kraits, vipers and rat snakes.
3. Art Museum With in the Zoo Compound in the small art museum which has a
good collection of wood carvings. metal seulputures, kathakali figures. ancient
jewellery and a wonderful collection of kerala tamps.
4. Sahithya Accadamy and Sangeetha Nataka Accadamy. The Nataka Nikethan,
Nritha Kalalayam and the Ramavarma institute situated in Trichur.
5. State Archeological Museum. It is situated at champakavu on the museum
road (Near by 2000)
6. Triprayar the RamaTemple at Triprayar features architecture similar to
that of vadakkumnatha temple.(25km from Trichur)
7. Chalakkudi - 29 km from Trichur, located at NH 47 55kms from Ernakulam and
it is an important railway station. Chalakudi is a foot hill town of the Hydro
Electric and irrigation projects of the sholayar project ranges. The beautiful
water falls, Authirapally and Vazhachal are 5km a part in this area.
8. Cheruthuruthi 35 km North from Trichur. Cheruthuruthi in renowned for the
keralakalamandalam., established by the poet Sri vallthol Narayana Menon in
1930. The prestigious institution imparts training in various traditional art
forms like kathakali, Mohiniyattam, Thullal and fold dances.
9. Guruvayoor. 32 km from Trichur and (Chavakkad - Kunnamkulam Route) and 72
km from cochin (cochin-Edapalli- Chavakkadu- Guruvayoor) It is a major Hindu
pilgrim centre. Is famour for the Sree Krishna temple. the place is known as 'Dwaraka
of South' .
[My-Kerala.Com: Vadakkum Nathan Temple]
[My-Kerala.Com: Art Museum]
[My-Kerala.Com: Sahithya Accadamy and Sangeetha Nataka Accadamy]
[My-Kerala.Com: State Archeological Museum]
[My-Kerala.Com: Triprayar RamaTemple]