|Tourism Home||Tourism Forum||Guides||Kerala Districts||Vegitation||Art||Festivals||Temples|
Tourist Spots of Palakkad, Kerala
Tourist places of Palakkad
1. Malampuzha The town is located 12 km north of Palakkad town. The town is set at the base of the hills of western ghats. It is surrounded by picturesque scenery and beautiful picnic spots. The Malampuzha Dam is a range irrigation dam. Beautiful rose gardens and amusement park for children have been set around the reservoir. The famous work "Yakshi" done by famous seulptor kanani kunchiraman is another attraction in the garden. Boating, fishing, and various water sports facilities are also available here.
2. Silent valley National park 80 km from Palakkad. Spread over 90 sq km silent Valley National Part contain India's last substantial stretch of tripical evrgreen rain forest and a large number of wild animals. Best season : spet -March. Hight 656 to 1640 feet
3. Parambikulam Wild Life Sanctury. Located 135km from palakkad via Pooachi. It is one of the best around the prambikulam, Thunacadavu, and peruvaripallam dams. this is home to varied wild life species like bison, sambar, spotted deer, Nilgiri langur lio tailed macaque, sloth bea etc. Best season : Feb-April Hight : 1640 to 3281
4. Pattambi 50 km from palakkad town and 15 kms from shonur. (Palakkad-Olavakod-Oldapalam-pattambi). On the road side . Can be seen the Government of India Paddy Research centre. Pattambi, with an ancient sanskrit college.
5. Nelliyampathy [Hill resort] 75 kms from palakkad. the Nelliyampathy forest range with a chain of rides cut off from one another by valley's of dark evergreen forests. Nellikota or padagiri in the highest part of he rigion.
6. Palakkad Located from 79km from Thrissur on the coimbatore Trissur highway (NH 47) Fort- the majestic fort was built by Hyder Ali of Mysore in 1766.
Kalpathy Siva Temple- The famous temple is located on banks of river kalpathy. The annual festival of the temple in held in November attracting devotes from all over the state. Palakkad town alone has 59 temples, k1 mosques and 8 church. Jain Temple. The important Jain shrine located at Vadakkumthara, is one of the very few jain temples in kerala.
Attapady 80 km from palakkad. is Mountain Valley. An extensive mountain Valley above the erest of the Ghat ranges with numerous riverlets of the Bhavan river.
Height:- 656-1640 Feet
Route:- Palakkad- Mannakad- Mundali- Attapadi.