Travel and Tourism Guide of Kasaragode, Kerala
Travel Home >
Facts about Kasaragode
- H.Qrs.: Kasaragode Area - 1991 Sq. Km.
- Rainfall - 344 cm
- Season - August to March
- STD Code - 0499
How to reach Kasaragode?
- Air - Nearest airport is at Mangalore (50km) in Karnataka State Nearest
Airport in Kerala is Karipur, Kozhikode (180)
- Rail - Connected to all cities in India. Road - Linked to all towns and
villages in Kerala
- Local - Taxi, Buses, Auto etc.
Major Attractions of Kasaragode
- Ananthapuram 12 km nort-east of kasargod The only one lake temple in
Kerala. The 9th century tmeple set in a rock cut lake. The temple is believed to
be the original seat (moolasthanam) of Ananthapadnoanabha of Sree Padmanabha
Swami temple in Thiruvananthapuram.
- Beckal 14 km south of kasargod Is an important tourism centre and health
resort of the state. Bake is known for the bekal fort, excellent beaches and
colourful festivals. Beckal Fort The largest fort in kerala built in 17th
century. The observation towers of teh fort afford breath taking views of the
scenic surrounding and the beautiful Bekal beach. Chandragiri Fort The 17th
century fort located 10 km north of Beckal. The square shaped fort is set amidst
the lakshwadeep sea and chandragir river. It is an excellent sun set point.
Kappil Beach An excellent beach of the region Kodi cliffs The towering cliffs
between kappil beach and chandragiri fort. It in an excellent another sunset
point. Pallikere Beach The natural beautiful beach near by Beckal fort. Beckal
Aqua Park Boating facilities are available, near Pallikere beach.
- Bela. 15 km north of kasargod. The little town is known for "Our lady of
Sorrows" church, built in 1870.
- Kenwar Thirtha Beach Resort 5km from Manjeswaram The large swimming pool
formed by sea water on the vast beach. It is one of the nature's gifts in
kerala. 5. Sree Mahalingeswara Temple. At Adoor is located in pretty surrounding
on the banks of river payaswini.
[My-Kerala.Com: Kasaragode Places of Interest]
[My-Kerala.Com: Kasaragode Map]