- Katti parippu (beans without flavor)1 - 2 c.
- yellow mung dal or yellow split peas
- 1 potato (optional), cut into cubes
- ¼ onion, cut long
- 2 or 3 green chile, cut long
- 1 shallot, cut into small thin pieces
- crushed chile or red whole chile
- Mustard seeds and curry leaves are optional.
Preparation of Katti Parippu
- Cook parippu with onion, green chile, potato, and a few drops of oil.
cooked, add salt, stir well. Smash the potato pieces well.
- Heat oil, fry mustard
seeds, add shallots, then red chile and curry leaves, add it to the parippu when
the shallots turn brown.
- Stir well, and it is ready!