Iddiappam (String Hoppers)
Ingredients: (Serves 4)
- 2 cups (400 g) rice flour, dry roasted and sieved
- boiling water, as required, for mixing the dough
- salt to taste
- a little oil
- Add the boiling water and salt to the flour and knead to a
soft dough. Divide it into small balls and keep aside.
- Lightly grease the iddiappam press mould and put in one portion of the dough.
- Press out the dough
to form small circular mounds (resembling thin noodles) onto each of the iddiappam stands.
- Steam for about 10 minutes till the iddappam is cooked. (A
pressure cooker, without the weight, can be used for steaming. An idli stand is a
good substitute for the iddiappam stands.)
- Serve with hoddha and pol sambol.
Nutritional Values (per portion)