Spicy Tapyoka (Kappa Vevivhathu)
"KAPPA" is a very nice sweat dish of Kerala which contains rich proteins
and other vitamins. This is an ideal food which can serve with fish curry.
- Kappa - 1 Kg
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- green chili - 5 Nos.
- Garlic - 5 nos
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Grated coconut - 1/2 cup
- Coconut oil - 2 tsp
- Dried red chilly - 2 nos. (make small pieces)
- Curry leaves
- Mustard seeds
- 2 small onion pieces.
- Peal the Kappa and boil till soft (around 15 minutes) in sufficient water
after it become soft, stain the water.
- Make the past of Cumin seeds, garlic, grated coconut, green chilly and add
the past in boiled Kappa along with the turmeric powder.
- Put a pan on stove and
pour the coconut oil and boil the oil in medium fire, after 1 minute add the
mustard seeds, onion pieces, dried red chilly, curry leaves and fry all the
ingredients 1/2 minutes.
- Pour this mixture into tapioca and mix well.
- Tips: Serve with fish curry and rice.