Ingredients of Palappam
- 2 cups of white rice
- Half a coconut
- 1 table spoon of yeast
- 2 table spoon of partially ground, cooked rice
Preparation of Palappam
- Mix two cups of rice flour with 1 teaspoon of yeast and let it ferment for 4
- Add 3/4 cup of milk,1/4 cup of sugar, 1/2 teaspoon of salt. Stir the mix
- Warm up the vessel called 'Palappam Chatti' (available in most Indian
- Pour 5 tablespoons of this mix into the Chatti and rotate the Palappam Chatti
by hand so that the mix spreads out evenly and in a circular fashion. Cover it
with the lid and let it cook till the edges of the Appam turn slightly brown in
- Enjoy the Palappam with vegetable stew, beef or chicken, or mutton stew.
Note: Rotate the Chatti with potholders to avoid burn injuries.