- Rice flour (Unboiled): 2 cups
- Shred coconut: 1/2
- Jaggery (Sarkkara): 200g
- Cardamom (made to powder): 2 seeds
- Ghee: 2 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Water: 4 cups
- Banana leaf: with out central stip
- Roast the rice flour for few minutes.
- Mix it with 2 cups of warm water. While mixing add ghee, cardamom powder and salt to taste.
- Make little large size balls and keep it aside.
- Then make ‘Sarkkarapavu’, by boiling 2 cups of water with Jaggery.
- When it turns to semi liquid, filter and removes the solid particles.
- Then mix with shred coconut.
- The rice balls flatten on the banana leaf with hand and on the top spread coconut mix.
- Fold the banana leaf with content and steam cook in an oven.
- Serve with warm.