Fort Cochin Meen Moiley (Fish Curry)
Ingredients of Fort Cochin Meen Moiley (Fish Curry) to Serve 4
- 12 fillets of red snapper or pomfret
- 2 tbs (30 ml) coconut oil
- 1 tsp (5 g) mustard seeds
- 8 flakes (16 g) garlic, chopped fine
- 2.5 cm ginger, julienne
- 6 green chillies, slit lengthwise, deseeded and julienne
- 150 g onions, sliced into rings
- salt to taste
- 24 curry leaves
- 3 (225 g) tomatoes, cut into 8 slices each
- 1/2 tsp (2 g) turmeric powder
- 1/2 cup (120 ml) coconut milk (third extract)
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) coconut milk (second extract)
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) coconut milk (first extract)
- 1 tbs (15 ml) lemon juice
Procedure of Cooking Fort Cochin Meen Moiley (Fish Curry)
- Heat oil in a pan and season with mustard seeds. Stir over medium heat until
they begin to splutter. Add garlic and ginger and stir for a minute.
- Add green
chillies and stir lightly. Add the onions and sauté until translucent and
glossy. Add turmeric powder and stir well.
- Add fish and the third extract of
coconut milk. Bring it to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, turning carefully
once, for three minutes. Add salt and stir well.
- Add curry leaves, tomatoes and
the second extract. Cover and simmer for three minutes.
- Remove the pan from heat
and gently (to make sure that the fillets do not break) stir-in the first
extract of coconut milk. Return the pan to heat and bring to a boil over low
- Sprinkle lemon juice and stir carefully.
- Remove from heat and adjust the
seasoning Remove to a bowl and serve with steamed rice.
Nutritional Values (per portion) of Fort Cochin Meen Moiley (Fish Curry)
- Calories: 465.8 kcal
- Proteins: 29.0g
- Fat: 32.4g
- Minerals: 2.5g
- Fibre: 1.4g
- Carbohydrates: 16.5g