Ingredients of Mutton Stew
- GOAT MEAT (MUTTON) OR LAMB 2 lbs
- 2 RED ONIONS
- 3 GREEN CHILIES
- 12 CLOVES
- HALF TABLE SPOON OF FENNEL (PERUMJEERAKAM)
- 10 WHOLE BLACK PEPPER
- 4 TABLE SPOON OF VEGETABLE OIL
- CINNAMON STICK 1INCH
- CARDAMOM 4
- CURRY LEAVES
Preparation of Mutton Stew
- Soak the meat in lemon juice for half an hour.
- Wash the meat HALF.
- Cook in a
pot with just enough water, a table spoon of vinegar, quarter spoon of ground
black pepper, and curry leaves.
- In another pot stir fry the onions, curry leaves and garlic and green chilies
(seeds removed) in heated vegetable oil for 5 minutes until the ingredients look
- Crush the rest of the spices and add, continue to stir fry.
- Next add the half cooked meat (but not the gravy). Add 2 cubed potatoes. Add
water, just enough to cook the potatoes.
- Cook until the potatoes and the half
cooked meat is done. Add the meat gravy.
- Adjust vinegar and salt to your taste.
- Add one full cup of thick coconut milk. Heat, do not boil.