Fish Curry (Salt Water Fish)
Ingredients of Fish Curry
- Fish - 1 lb.
- Onion - 1/4, cut into small
- Garlic - 5-6 cloves, finely
- Ginger - 1", finely chopped.
- Green Chili - 3, cut into half (long).
- Shallot - 1 big, cut into small pieces.
- Tomato - 1 big, cut into small
- Tomato Puree - 4 spoon.
- Uluva Powder - 1 pinch.
- Tamarind - 1/3 spoon (use tamarind
- Salt - as needed.
- Curry leaves - optional.
- Oil - 3 spoon.
- Mustard seed - 1/4 spoon.
- Fish Masala - 4 spoon.
Preparation of Fish Curry
- Heat oil, fry mustard seeds, add onion, shallot, garlic, ginger, green chili,
and curry leaves, and stir for a few minutes.
- Then add tomato, and tomato puree,
stir, and then add uluva powder, salt, and fish Masala. (Use Kerala Fish Masala;
if you dot have it, add 2 spoon [fine] coriander powder, 1-1.5 spoon chili powder, 1/4 turmeric powder, and 1 pinch more uluva powder.)
- Stir, and then add
1/2 cup of water and tamarind.
- When it boils, add the fish pieces, stir slowly,
then cover it and cook on low-medium heat.
- Stir once a while until cooked (be
careful not to break the fish pieces).
Note: To clean fish nicely, put the fish pieces in cold water, add 1/2 cup of
salt, a cup of vinegar, and 1 lime/lemon juice, and keep it for 15 minutes. It
will take away the smell and the bad taste of fish.