Manga Kari (Mango pickle I)
- Green mango - 1
- Medium chili powder - 2 tablespoon
- Mustard seeds - ¼ teaspoon
- Methi seeds - ½ teaspoon
- Turmeric powder - ¼ teaspoon
- Hing powder - 1 teaspoon
- Curry leaves (fresh - yummm!)
- Cut the mango into small pieces.
- In a pan, add the oil and pop the mustard
- Add the mangoes and saute for a few minutes.
- Roast the methi seeds and
grind to a powder (this acts as a preservative).
- Add this to the manga and also
add the the rest of the stuff. (hint: Mix the chopped mango with salt and store
it in a glass jar for a couple of days before this curry is made.)