My-Kerala

Message Board Home Tree Login / Register Search Latest Messages Start Format Help Email-Us

Vasudevan Nair vs Lohitadas vs Padmarajan

Kerala Forum: Malayalam Film Personalities: Vasudevan Nair vs Lohitadas vs Padmarajan

By kanthtst on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 02:39 am: Edit Post

Hi,

Though am not a Malayalee, have been interested in the films and watching them recently.

Apparently the trio: Vasudevan Nair, LohitaDas, Padmarajan seem to be the most talked about writers in Malayalam cinema. Who are your favorite and why. Would it be fair to say Vasudevan Nair and LohitaDas is ahead of Padmarajan?

I don't want to start flame wars, please give your personal opinion on who you like etc

By M.A.Ismail on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 02:39 am: Edit Post

It is very nice to see your posting and you are not a Malayalee. I remember a friend of mine who learned malayalam to read certain books and writings in Malayalam. I can not neglect your findings. MT as he is known is really great and he gave the most precious gifts to malayalam cenema. Equally as a writer he knows how not to write also. As a person, writer, script writer he was always ahead of others whether he intended it or not. He never ever played any gimmick to become big - but he had the destiny to have the best in his time unlike many others. He deserved what he got not to be confused with those who deserved/ not got; got/ not deserved. There is very less controversy on him even compared to another giant like O.V.Vijayan (as a writer). To be frank I adored Vijayan than MT in later days as a writer and as a person. Vijayan also was fortunate to get what he deserved in his life time though he was always reluctant to accept. the personal tragedies in him was more than what we could digest. Who thought there was more of a father in him than a son while we read the chapter called "Father" in Kasakinte Ithihasam. Dear since you are not a Malayalee, you might not be aware of this legendary book which can a legend of all times in any language if digested properly. It is not to be read, it is to be enjoyed by our inner senses. Only a word about that: A contemporary writer, think it is Raja Krishnan once told him " you do not need that hand any more, because you have written the best book .." he was ailing because of his ailing hands fo a long time towards the last. This was told when he said that his hands are paining. He really felt this so. Life is asking back for what it gave. He himself was the best book.
Lohithadas & MT are better of the three unmistakably. You are right dear. Lohithadas was not known as a writer before his scripts. His scrits are too good. Now-a-days most of the script writers are known as script writers only - may be tha
hey are not attempting that unnecessarily. the only defference is that Lohithadas succeeded as a director also unlike MT. MT's films became superb when others directed it. there are any number of examples like Munnu, Nagarame Nanni & Asuravithu (Vincent's) Iruttinte atmavu (Bhaskaran's poetic mind helped this very much) Olavum theeravum (P.N.Menon became a director just because of this). There is another irony that vincent could not make such good films without MT except Bharagavi Nilayam ( Basheer's poetic mind presence) - I think Vincent's camera became poetic with those films - lyrics in celluloid that was Bharhgavi Nilayam, Vincent's first venture - can it be compared to any other film of today?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com