My-Kerala

Index Tree View Login / Register Search Latest Messages Start Format Help Email-Us

Senior care for ammachi

Kerala Forum: Kerala Marketplace Classifieds : Senior care for ammachi
By Anonymous on Saturday, November 24, 2012 - 07:01 am: Edit Post

In the last 3 weeks, I have been to hell and back with my amma who has dementia at 92. She fell and was dragged through an erroneus stroke diagnosis which turned into a T12 fracture, heart dz, hallucinations....all HUMBUG.

Now she is in a Nursing home courtesy my bro and his American wife. my father still lives with them. He is 97.

My choices are
1.Bring them home to me, 16th floor apt, 1 bed room. They are used to living in my brother's mansion
2. Twist my brother's arm. get a malyalee live in 65 plus who also is fluent in English
this person can be the go between all my parent's needs ex. take them to the doctor, church etc. Is there a service like this available in the uSA
3. take them to Kerala, where their medical needs will not be met. wE their children will be miles away. We have many close relatives who love kochamma and achayen BUT we know that often words and deeds arent the same

I'd like to know what you would do.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

My-Kerala.Com