My-Kerala

Message Board Home Tree Login / Register Search Latest Messages Start Format Help Email-Us

Can anyone help us with some advice?

Kerala Forum: Kerala Society & Culture: Can anyone help us with some advice?

By Old Mb on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 04:20 am: Edit Post

Sorry to bother you with this, but I've spent days on the internet and I couldn't find any help.

I know maybe because you promote your cultural values, you may not want to help us but here is the situation.

My girlfriend and I have together for 4 years. She is Malayalee and her religion is Syrian Orthodox Christian. I am.....white latin and my religion is Catholic.

She�s been living for the last 13 years in USA with her parents, now she is 24. They are originaly from a small town near kerala.

we are very in love, but since her parents found out some months ago, her life is a living hell.

Now I want to talk to her Dad, and I would like to do it in a manner that is suitable for him and using the right words.

Our religions are pretty similar, since she goes with me to the catholic church and I won�t have a problem in getting married by her church.

The main problem here is the respect for her father, and that she doesn�t want him to suffer for her decition in case she marry me.

I have a lot of Hindu friends that told me that emotional blackmail is very common in India in this cases, but that parents normally get over it and forgive their kids.

Can you give any advice?

TXS.

By a syrian christian on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 04:22 am: Edit Post

Parents will be parents everywhere. Whether they are Syrian christians or Catholic, be it any country or any nation. Marriages are made in heaven. So if you are destined to be together this nmarriage will happen. Common...Syrian christians parents are not monsters!

By Arvin on Friday, July 20, 2007 - 04:24 am: Edit Post

Friend,
In this modern world you are talking about Black/White Mail.
Are you Ok or not. Please get an elderly person say your father/uncle/aunt or even a family friend and approach her father with respect. Explain things and get a solution from the father. You have to ensure that you are independent and can afford a family. Love is blind and ensure it lives throughout your life and not for the spur moment only.
Be brave and steady as I have experience this sometime back. My girlfriend who is my wife now gave me all the supports and we are now living happily with the grace of the god.Bot hour parents objected but finally we managed to win them over once we got our first child.
Wish you all the best and one thing is to ensure your GF can be with you and willing to take any risk such as leaving ther house for your sake which I did ensure.
Bye dear friend and wish you every success.

By atoot2020@gmail.com on Monday, March 21, 2011 - 03:40 am: Edit Post

You should consult any best astrologer to get predict your future.
Astrologer or Acharya ji will tell you the solution about your love career and finance.

@atoot.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com | My-Telugu.Com | My-Gujarat.Com | My-Maharashtra.Com | My-Uttarpradesh.Com | My-WestBengal.Com | My-Mobilephone.Com
Webmasters | AdNetwork | Take Us | e-mail Us
© My-Kerala.Com