My-Kerala

Message Board Home Tree Login / Register Search Latest Messages Start Format Help Email-Us

Kapil Bhatia's Pankap on Education In India

Kerala Forum: Kerala Education: Kapil Bhatia's Pankap on Education In India

By Kapil Bhatia on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 07:28 am: Edit Post

We have spent money in opening schools and was able to take children to schools. Even after spending six years in schools, children are unable to read, write or subtract two numbers.

In other words, We need quality.

One solution can be(EDUCAR project from Argentina):

1.To connect schools by computer equipment and internet access
2.To train teachers in use and creation of this digital content
3.A single nation wide portal will provide the course content for teachers and students.

Issues:

Internet Access-Its not available in country's rural areas. Even electricity is a constraint. I think wireless technologies like WIMAX can be the answer. Yes, right now, its costly, but we Indians are very good in finding low cost alternatives of technology.

Where is the money ?

Short term
1.Advertising on Portal.
2.Philanthropic money until it becomes self sustainable
3.May be,Government money which is unavailable to private companies

Long term
1.E-commerce transaction charges
2.ISP charges.

The aim would be to generate revenue which can help us to recover the costs of equipments,connections and portal costs.

Yes,there is no doubt that this portal will be a commercial Portal. But companies need to understand that there is a part of market that is simply not profitable.But for task like this,I think monetary profit should not be the sole criteria.

Be a rebel

E-pathshala
Kapil Bhatia
Pankap.blogspot.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com | My-Telugu.Com | My-Gujarat.Com | My-Maharashtra.Com | My-Uttarpradesh.Com | My-WestBengal.Com | My-Mobilephone.Com
Webmasters | AdNetwork | Take Us | e-mail Us
© My-Kerala.Com