My-Kerala

Message Board Home Tree Login / Register Search Latest Messages Start Format Help Email-Us

Rank Holders

Kerala Forum: Kerala Education: Rank Holders

By Anon on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 05:34 am: Edit Post

I strongly protest the attention given to rank holders of exams as if others are imbecile.i also protest the visit by the Minister to the house of the rank holders mainly to attract television and media coverage. I can't understand the hype behind this. are the other children mere fools? what exactly is most coveted about these ranks? has anybody wondered about students being harassed by their parents to attain ranks and high marks?
was Bill Gates a first rank holder? was arundhati roy a first rank holder? then what exactly is this hoopla over a silly exam where rote memory is the winner? it's time this torture of children is stopped. i think the Minister and the media should give more attention to students who were unable to finish their studies and those who were denied access to resources?the government should help poor families to provide education to their children. instead of that creating a kind of psychological backwardness and inferiority complex in those "unsuccessful souls", there should be PROPER GUIDANCE AND COUNSELLING for both parents and children about the next step in their career. because education is not a race. not everything is lost becoz somebody could not pass the entrance exam. also, THE WORLD IS NOT THAT STUPID LIKE OUR SCHIZOPHRENIC PARENTS.

By Vikatakesari on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 05:35 am: Edit Post

Hello friend, You are absolutely right? These rank holders cannot beat others other than their text book questions? For this memory is more than enough.

By Aarati on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 06:44 am: Edit Post

Dont simply tell that rank holders have only 'text book knowledge'... May be some time it will be true... Not always...Actually we have to appreciate them, because they have done the job given to them to the maximum extent possible.. It shows that they can do the same afterwards also, which is actually the requirement of the society... Dont call rank holders 'book worm'... Now what do u call a person coming first in Common Entrance Exams?

By Malayali on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 06:45 am: Edit Post

Dear friend, I second your feelings with full force, but remember not to become the parent you hate when you have your own kids.
Regds

By coolfriend on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 06:46 am: Edit Post

Firstly, a big thank u to everybody who chose to pen their opinion. Dear aarati, i am not criticizing those who have excelled in their exams.i have many friends who were very good at their studies. but if u ask me whether they are doing "great" in their life now, i think i have a mixed answer. i know many who had average records in their studies but who later made mesmerizing strides in their professional life. we have never checked to see how these successful girls and boys fare 10 years from now. it is actually an excellent subject for a feature article. i dont think that all rankholders are book-worms, may be textbook-worms. an ocean seperates these two.

By Sceptic on Tuesday, July 24, 2007 - 06:47 am: Edit Post

For whatever it is worth: I once asked several boys of 16/17 years what they thought about rank-holders among them and why they could not or would not strive hard to emerge toppers in exams. The consensus was "rank holders are nerds.. and who wants to be a nerd anyway..."

By Anonymous on Monday, December 03, 2007 - 10:14 am: Edit Post

It is easy to argue that rank holders are book worms and the attention they get is unwanted and bla bla. You try to take a book and read with concentration and immediately you would know its not an easy task, if the book is not of interest to you. Given the fact that our kids have to learn history geography and what not, lets take a moment to appreciate the ones who did really well, even if that means just by-hearting. Even that requires a good control of your senses which if you can truly achieve .. you are equivalent to a brahmachari/brahmacharini, the highest coveted position in Indian mythology.

By Anonymous on Thursday, November 27, 2008 - 07:13 am: Edit Post

congratulations. you have achieved everything.a but please will you clear my doubt being a k.v. student how can i
1. be a rank holder?
2. how can i be a very perfect daughter?
3. please give me a timetable.
i am swetha studying inclass 8

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com | My-Telugu.Com | My-Gujarat.Com | My-Maharashtra.Com | My-Uttarpradesh.Com | My-WestBengal.Com | My-Mobilephone.Com
Webmasters | AdNetwork | Take Us | e-mail Us
© My-Kerala.Com