My-Kerala

Message Board Home Tree Login / Register Search Latest Messages Start Format Help Email-Us

LinkedIn News: Training in Advanced Bio-Informatics

Kerala Forum: Kerala Education: LinkedIn News: Training in Advanced Bio-Informatics
By Rajesh Muraliganesh on Tuesday, May 05, 2009 - 11:51 pm: Edit Post

Over the past six years, MGL has been conducting certified bioinformatics training programs for students from leading academic institutions. Our intention is not only to provide these candidates with greater exposure to quality training, but also to offer them career guidance in this rapidly burgeoning field. Upon successful completion of this training program, many of our former students have now started their professional careers and have also commenced publishing their projects in international conferences.

Objectives

To expose students to engineering experience, a real’ working environment and get them acquainted with the organization structure, business operations and administrative functions which are not taught in classroom

To have hands-on experience in their related field so that they can relate and reinforce what has been taught at their university and also share the experience gained from industry in their classrooms.

To foster cooperation and to develop synergetic collaboration between industry and the university in promoting a knowledgeable society

To gain exposure on drug discovery data and procedural flow management and implementation and technical report writing in projects

To expose the student to prospective future employers.

To apply the concept of Bio-informatics in doing more efficient work in biotechnology labs.

To teach the students, the concept of intellectual properties and its importance in the organization and in the country’s growth.

Learning Outcome

Gain exposure to the actual working environment in the industry and the business

Develop awareness of the importance and the capability of adapting to the working environment and culture of a job

Possess enhanced communication and team-working skills.

Develop awareness of the requirements and expectation of industry on employees

Relate and apply the knowledge learned in the university for IP led work in Industry

Course Offerings

Crash Course (1 week)
Basics of bioinformatics and various bioinformatics tools
Training with projects (2 to 6 months – 300 hours to 1000 hours)
Advanced bioinformatics training including projects spanning 1 to 2 months or 3 to 6 months
Combo Courses (2 months- 300 hours)
In-silico drug designing procedures and PERL programming language with practicals

* These courses are intended for candidates who have either completed or currently pursuing their graduation or post graduation in the Biological discipline or Quantitative Science

Highlights

Genomics - Phylogeny and Phylogenetic Methods, Comparative Genomics

Proteomics - Structural Bioinformatics, Molecular modeling

Cheminformatics - Pharmacophore design, Molecular docking, Toxicity screening

PERL and Bioinformatics - PERL Basics, Intermediate and Advanced, Biological databases, Sequence analysis and alignment, Evolutionary analysis

For further clarifications, contact training.gurgaon@mgl.com

By Jasmine.M on Tuesday, July 28, 2009 - 05:55 am: Edit Post

SUB:PROJECT REQUEST
Respected Sir ,
I very much pleased to introduce myself as M.JASMINE, pursuing 2nd M.Sc. Bioinformatics, at Kongunadu arts & Science College, Coimbatore, Tamilnadu, I have completed my graduation in Bioinformatics at Noorul Islam College of arts and science, Kumaracoil, Tamilnadu (Manomaniam Sundaranar University, Tirunelveli).
As part of my curriculum, I have to do a project for a period of 1-4 months during Dec 2009-March 2010. I am very much interested in database creation and development, Genomics, computational biology, Microarray analysis, Molecular Biology, Drug designing, Tool development for Bio informatics.
From the website I came to know about the projects done at your Institution and I am very much interested to do my project under your guidance. I kindly request you to consider my application and I assure you to put in my best efforts during the project. I have enclosed a copy of my resume for your kind perusal. Anticipating a favourable reply.

Thanking You.

By Looyisha.B on Friday, July 24, 2009 - 04:43 am: Edit Post

Sir/Madam,
I am Looyisha.B doing MSc.Bioinformatics(Third semister)at Karpagam Arts And Science college Coimbatore.I want to do a 3months project in my fourth semister.I like to do my project in your institution.Please inform me through my email.

Thanking You

Yours Faithfully,
LOOYISHA.B

By Hiba on Monday, March 22, 2010 - 03:52 am: Edit Post

sir/madam
I am Hiba a student of 12th writing the CBSE board exam now.I would like to know more about this course,its duration and other things.I request you to send the deatails to my email.

yours sincerely
Hiba

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com | My-Telugu.Com | My-Gujarat.Com | My-Maharashtra.Com | My-Uttarpradesh.Com | My-WestBengal.Com | My-Mobilephone.Com
Webmasters | AdNetwork | Take Us | e-mail Us
© My-Kerala.Com