My-Kerala

Message Board Home Tree Login / Register Search Latest Messages Start Format Help Email-Us

5 day plan ==) Bekal - Palghat - Munnar - Kumarakam

Kerala Forum: Kerala Travel and Tourism: 5 day plan ==) Bekal - Palghat - Munnar - Kumarakam

By bekz on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 07:34 am: Edit Post

Hi All,

I am planning for trip during june first half or so. i would like to know the route details...if any one has any exp. esp from Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary to Munnar....and how long will take to cover that....

Day 1

1. Bekal Fort Beach
Bekal Fort is a circular structure 130 ft. above sea level, spreads over a 35-acre headland that runs into the Arabian Sea. This fort is more than 300 years old and is built in the 1650's by Sivappa Naik of the Ikkeri dynasty. The Archaeological Survey of India controls the fort. Archeologists making it an interesting excavation site unearthed coins and other historical artifacts.

2. Bekal Hole Aqua Park
North of the fort is located the unique 'Aqua Park', the only one of its kind in north Malabar. Here, pedal boats and water cycles offer long hours of relaxation on the cool stretches of the Bekal Hole backwaters.

3. Chandragiri Beach
Six km away, perched beside the Chandragiri River , is the Chandragiri Fort. Built during the 17 th century by Sivappa Naik of Bedanore, who is said to have built the Bekal Fort too, Chandragiri's western rampart is an ideal place to watch sunsets.

4. Hosdurg Fort and Beach
Further down, 15 km away from Bekal is the Hosdurg Fort “ a chain of forts built by Somasekhara Nayak of the Ikkeri dynasty. Today Hosdurg's historic aura has a spiritual touch to it, thanks to the Nityanand Ashram located there.

5. Kappil Beach
Five km away from bekal beach is Kappil Beach. Vast, remote and secluded, it is refreshingly different from popular beach destinations in its inspiring settings and ambiance. Nearby is the Kodi Cliff that looks as if it sprang straight out of the sea. Take in one of the most panoramic views of the sea from here.

6. Return back to shoranur by train: railway station near bekal is Pallikere

6330 MALABAR EXPRESS

*PALLIKERE 19:20

SHORANUR JN 01: Day 2

Initial plan is to hire a vehicle from here.

1. Silent Valley Natinal Park

40 km from Mannarkkad, Silent valley

Located in the Kundali Hills of the Western Ghats, the Silent Valley National Park holds a valuable reserve of rare plants and herbs. The park is rich in its wildlife, and elephants, lion-tailed macaques and tigers are the most common denizens of this park. A visit to this park should be considered a lifetime experience, as this is the last representative virgin tract of tropical evergreen forests in India.

Though smaller in size in comparison to the other national parks in India, what makes it unique is the sylvan environment the region has along with its high altitude peaks and several rivers that run through it.

Day3

1. Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary

Kerala is home to many popular National Parks of India.Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the National Parks in Kerala spread over an area of 285 sq. kilometers. The Parambikulam Wildlife Sanctuary is laid with serene vegetation in a valley between the Annamalai ranges of Tamil Nadu and the Nelliampathy ranges of Kerala. This National Park in Kerala offers a scintillating sight of rare wild animals. The area has quite a few hill tribes here like Malayars, Kadas, and Muthuvaas

Parambikulam has one of the largest population of gaur (bison). It is also a home to elephants, sloth bears, wild boars, sambhars, chital tigers, panthers and crocodiles. There are also bonnet macaques, spectacled cobras, kraits, vipers, turtles, darters, little cormorants and black eagles.

Day4

Start early morning to Munnar. En-route visit Chinnar Sanctuary. On arrival in Munnar check in Hotel. Stay overnight at Hotel.

1. Chinnar Sanctuary
Chinnar Wildlife sanctuary is located on the Munnar-Udumalpet road in one of the most picturesque districts of Kerala –Idukki. Declared a wildlife sanctuary in 1984,
has an area of 91 sq. km and lies in the rain shadow region of the Western Ghats. With an altitude that ranges from 400 m at Chinnar to 2144 m at Mottakkumalai, the undulated terrain with rocky patches add to the scenic splendor of the sanctuary.

Day5

Start early morning to thekaddi such that we can join all others in kumarakam for the final party!

1. Thekkady
Thekkady, is one of India's most fascinating natural wildlife sanctuaries, where you can watch wildlife at close range. The vegetation, the flora and fauna and the birds of Thekkady are uniquely rich, vast and varied that it does not bear semblance to any other wildlife sanctuaries in the world. Even a casual visitor to this place will not fail to observe the special ecological pattern of Thekkady.

2. Kumarakam
Ending with kumarakam whr we will plan to get a housing boat.

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com