My-Kerala

Message Board Home Tree Login / Register Search This Month Msgs This Year Msgs Start Format Help Email-Us

Planning 4 day trip to Kerala

Kerala Forum: Kerala Travel and Tourism: Planning 4 day trip to Kerala

By Anon on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 05:14 am: Edit Post

My wife and I are planning to take a four day vacation in Kerala. We will be arriving in Cochin. We would like to rent a houseboat for one night and then go onto Thekaddy for one day. We would like suggestions for other things to do.

By jinson on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 05:54 am: Edit Post

hi,
me and my friends(infact 15 of us)r planning to visit kerala in jan-feb ... pls send me info about good places to visit....
i would also like to know abt the hotel n vehicle fares. we would like to spend a very moderate amount and please guide us with the most economic package....
thanks in advance..
jinson.

By vizmaya on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 05:55 am: Edit Post

Hi,
Welcome to Kerala
Tourist attraction-
In Trivandrum: Sri Padmanabha swami temple,Kovalam Beach, Veli Tourist Village, Sri chithira art gallery, Shangumugam breach, kavadiar palace, Kanakakunnu palace, The Museum etc.
Kanyakumari, Temple Of Goddess Bhagavathi, Swami Vivekananda Rock Memorial, Temple At Suchindram, Gandhi Mandapam etc.
Kollam beaches.
Alappuzha which is also known as The Venice Of The East is famous for its Backwaters and beaches.
Krishnapuram Palace.
Pathiramanal.
Arthunkal Church, Kumarakom House boat(perfect spot to visit), Munnar, Thekkady ... etc
-vizmaya

By quarterbrain on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 06:22 am: Edit Post

Hi,

as already said, backwater-tours (with one of these big tourist-boats that you see in every brochure) are very nice there, but I would only consider it for a daytrip. Also they are very expensive, even for european conditions.

Here some other tips:
halfday:
In Ernakulam at Marina Drive / Broadway crossing there is a Tourist Info from the Kerala government where you can book a halfday trip through the Backwaters at Aleppey/Alappuzha with a small boat. This trip goes through small channels directly through the jungle, between small villages. There you can see different birds (kingfishers, cormoranes, ...) as well as water snakes and other reptiles. We were also shown how people make ropes from coconut-fibres, as well as mats from pineapple-leaves at a small village.

complete day:
Take a taxi / find a driver that takes you to Athirappally Waterfalls. This place is famous for its view and beauty. (When I was there, there was even a film team from Kerala Movie Studios, taking some shots for one of these typical indian movies). This place is also very calm and hardly visited by (western) tourists, as I found out.
After that you can procede your trip to Guruvayoor Elephant Training Centre. More than 40 Temple Elephants are held there for the big hindu temple in Tichur/Thrissur. For a small entrance fee (and a small tip for one of the guides) you will be shown around.

2-3Days:
Trip to the hill-area of the Western Ghats.
Take a bus (better a private driver) to Peeremade or Munnar. There the hotels are cheaper than in famous places like Thekkady or Kumily. From there you can do different trips:
- To Periyar Tiger Reserve: Go there early in the morning and take a boating tour at 7:00 or a trial by walk, because you will have the best chance to see any wildlife there that time of the day. Fees and payments are quite cheap, whereas hotels cost almost the same as in europe.
- Cardamom Hills and
a Plantations: Munnar is famous for its tea plantations and has its own tea museum. In the area of the cardamom hills you can see how spices like cardamom, pepper, nutmeg, vanilla, cinnamon and also coffee are grown. As a british I assume you would like to buy local teas there (I, as a german, did also) :-). Dont go to some big shop, but stop at a one of these small sheds in one of the villages. They sell regional teas (usually "Broken Orange Pecko" - one of the best I think) for lowlowlow prices. I bought 500 grams for about 240Rs I think.
- Idukki Dam: Asias (still) biggest artificial water reservoir, Idukki Lake, is withheld by two big dams, called the "male" and the "female" which are connected by the top of a hill. If you got luck, the dam is opened and you can wander from the one, aroud the hilltop and then over the second. Your driver can pick you up at the other side then. The dams are guarded by the military and are usually only opened for tourists one month a year. Cameras prohibited of course.

I hope you will have a nice trip!

By Julia on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 06:20 am: Edit Post

I am travelling to Kerala with a package tour from the UK in MArch for a 2 week visit. However we do not want to just lie on a beach but would like to see something of Kerala. We are staying quite near the capital city but would also like to see some wild life , the backwaters and forest. Can someone recommend what we could do over perhaps a three day trip, where are the best places to see
thank you
Julia

By Wabster on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 06:22 am: Edit Post

hi julia ,

Firstly can i just say good on you for not opting for sitting on your arse and stuffing your face with poppadums and chutney like most people do on their 2 week break.

Theres soooo much to see and do in kerala, and what you have suggested in your post are good things to do, the back waters are very popular! when you get to kerala there are lots of operators running tours daily its really no stress just pick the type of tour that suits you, we found there was loads of availability.

a word of warning when on the back waters, BEWARE OF MONKIES ! they may seem cute but they are actually very vicious, I was attacked by five of them, they pulled my hair, give me some nasty chinese burns and then made of with my camera and wallet they did all this to me whilst whistling the theme tune to the A - TEAM !!!! it was really quite distressing and is still and experience which haunts me to this day.
I hope this post help
have a great trip
your friend
Wabster .x

By ANAND JAIN on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 06:42 am: Edit Post

I AM STAYING IN MUMBAI & WOULD LIKE TO GO ON HOLIDAY TO KERALA BY CAR IN MARCH. PLACES OF VISIT

HILL STATIONS,BACKWATERS,WILD LIFE CENTURIES

PLEASE ADVISE TOUR PLAN INCLUDING ROAD GUIDE

THANKING YOU

By Shabeer on Monday, July 23, 2007 - 06:43 am: Edit Post

Better you prefer central kerala. First you reach cochin and for hill station Munnar better place- 3Hrs journey from Cochin
Cochin-Kothamangalam- Munnar
For Back waters Kumarakom better option- 1:30 Hrs Journey from Cochin
Cochin - Cherthalai- Kumarakom
For wild life Thekady - 4Hrs journey From Cochin
Best regards
Shabeer

By anoop on Wednesday, October 10, 2007 - 10:27 am: Edit Post

i plan a tour in kerala with family for 4 to5 days .give me a tour map for a trip, ineed to visit watterfalles,hill stations,backwaters, house bots,dams&hill area.also give me normal hotel and travel guids deatails.we wii come on kochi airport,i expect to your help

By Anonymous on Friday, October 17, 2008 - 02:18 am: Edit Post

Hi i plan to trip with friends to kerala for 5 days pls gide me good places to visit for 5 days trip

By Paradise Holidays on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 11:33 am: Edit Post

Dear sir,

Greetings from Paradise Holidays (Regd.), Cochin
!!!Direct booking offer!!!
20% flat discount on Ayurvedic medicines

We have seen your requirement and verymuch happy to arrange tour package for you...

5Days/4Nights Package

Itinerary includes:
Day 01 Cochin to Munnar through Kodanadu Elephant care centre (Sight seeing in Munnar)
Day 02 Munnar Sight seeing
Day 03 Munnar to Thekkady (Sight seeing in Thekkady)
Day 04 Thekkady to Alleppy House Boat (House boat cruise for 21hrs)
Day 05 Alleppy to cochin (Cochin Sight seeing, Cherai Beach and Shopping at Cochin)

Rate starts from Rs 12,000/-(for 2 people)
Above package includes accomodation, travel in Indigo/Indica car exclusively for the party, House boat exlusively for the party, toll & Parking charges.

3 Nights 4 Days � Rs.9000/- Onwards per couple
4 Nights 5 Days � Rs.12000/- Onwards per couple
5 Nights 6 Days � Rs.14000/- Onwards per couple
6 Nights 7 Days � Rs.15500/- Onwadrs per couple
7 Nights 8 Days � Rs.18000/- Onwadrs per couple
8 Nights 9 Days � Rs.20000/- Onwadrs per couple

Sabarimala Pilgrim trip - covering 5 temples on the way - Rs 3000/- for 5 members

For detailed Itinerary and name of hotels, contact us directly

M. A. Raveendranathan (Managing Partner)
Paradise Holidays & Car Rentals (A Registered Company)
Kadungalloor, Alwaye, Cochin-683102
Kerala - India
paradisekeralaholidays@gmail.com
www.paradise-kerala.com

By Ajith Kumar on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 - 03:56 am: Edit Post

Dear Sirs,

For Kerala Travel Packages /Transportation ,please send us an email to tours.cochin@gmail.com and we will gewt back with all details /itinery & cost.

Best Regards
Ajith Kumar
Cochin Taxi Services
"Aswathy",Methanam Road,
Udyogamandal P.O,Cochin-683501
Email :tours.cochin@gmail.com

By Suresh.P.R on Sunday, January 25, 2009 - 01:02 pm: Edit Post

Anon,

Going to Periyar for 1 night on a 4 day visit to Kerala would mean too much travel. I recommend 1 night in Cochin, 1 night in houseboat and 2 nights in Coconut Island, Trichur ( www.keralaislandresort.com ) and spend a day with elephant.

Julia,

A combination of 1 night in houseboat (Rs 9300 for an AC premium houseboat in the route Thottappally - Alleppey) and two nights in Periyar would be fine. Rs 9500 would include AC Ambassador car, English speaking driver, driver's night halt, entrances in Periyar, tourist tax in Periyar lake, boating in the lake to see wildlife and visit to Spice plantations with local farmer.

There are no monkeys in the Kerala backwaters. No where.?!*@

Suresh.P.R
Palmland tours
126, Priyadarshini Nagar, Trichur - 5, Kerala.
Email: palmland@vsnl.com
Coconut Island: www.keralaislandresort.com

By Sanguine Holidays on Tuesday, February 03, 2009 - 02:46 am: Edit Post

Greeting From Sangiune Holidays !

Please find the suggested itinerary :

Day 1 : Arrive Cochin and drive to Munnar
Day 2 : Munnar
Day 3 : Munnar to Thekkady
Day 4 : Thekkady to Alleppey - Houseboat
Day 5 : Alleppey to Cochin departure

Option 2

Day 1 : Arrive Cochin & transfer to Houseboat
DAy 2 : Houseboat to Thekkady
Day 3 : Thekkady to Munnar
Day 4 : Munnar to Cochin drop

Please send a mail to sanguineholidays@gmail.com, we will revert with detailed itinerary and rate.

By fasilnasim on Tuesday, March 31, 2009 - 02:20 pm: Edit Post

Dear Sir/Madam,

Warm Greetings from Kerala Wide Tours .

Kerala Wide Tours prepare packages especially for you according to your tastes. We will design Kerala Packages to your convenience. You just tell us where to go, when to go and how much you can afford, we will do the rest for you.

We are Tour Operator based in Thiruvananthapuram. We would like to work out on Kerala Packages, Lowest rates Single/Couple/Group Accommodation, A/C NA/C Transportations (Car, Bus, etc..), Fullday - Halfday Sightseeing, Conference arrangements and all tourism related service. We are looking for a long-term relationship and tie up with you and your firm.

Any of your friends or relatives are visiting Kerala, please suggest my address.

Looking forward to welcome your friends / relatives and assuring you of our best service and attention at all times.

Feel free to call / mail us for any information.

Assuring you quality services all the time.

Warm regards,

Fasil Nasim
Kerala Wide Tours,
Thiruvananthapuram.

Web: www.keralawidetours.com
Emails: info@keralawidetours.com
keralawidetours@gmail.com
keralawidetours@yahoo.in

By Discover Kerala on Thursday, June 04, 2009 - 04:31 am: Edit Post

HI

For discounted prices on your trip to Kerala you can visit http://discoverkerala.co.in

We can provide you with good quality service at the most affordable price.

Check in at our website or send us an enquiry directly and we will revert back with the rates ASAP.

Regards
http://www.discoverkerala.co.in

By ctp123 seo on Thursday, January 20, 2011 - 02:32 am: Edit Post

Chennaitoursandtravesl.com is a one of the best tour operating chennai to kerala, If you need tour packages details please visit here Chennaitoursandtravesl.com

By Anonymous on Thursday, March 15, 2012 - 05:00 pm: Edit Post

Hi,
I am planning for a tour to kerala with my family(20 members) from pondicherry and will be reaching kerala morning by 7am to wayanad. And i need the list of places to visit and need a plan for 3 days and last 3rd day will be in veega land. kindly help me to make a plan :-)
-Sendil

By Anonymous on Saturday, July 21, 2012 - 07:39 am: Edit Post

Hi Sendil,

We have a good tour itinerary for you. It is a 02 nights and 03 days tour. The travel plan goes like this:

Day 01: Arrive Wayanad
Arrive Bangalore /Calicut meet and greet then proceed to Wayanad. On arrival check in to the resort later proceed for sightseeing visit Lakkidi ,Pookot Lake ,Kuruva Island, Jain Temple ,etc later come back to resort overnight stay.

Day 02: Wayanad
After Breakfast proceed for a full day sightseeing visit Chembra Peak ,Meenmutty Falls ,Edakkal Caves, Pazhassi Raja Tomb ,Muthanga Wildlife Sanctury , etc and by evening come back to the resort and overnight stay.

Day 03: Departure
After breakfast check out and proceed to visit Banasura Dam. After finishing the sightseeing later proceed for your return journey to Calicut/Bangalore.

Regards,

http://www.keralahoneymoon-packages.com

By Rahul Ranjan on Wednesday, August 01, 2012 - 03:57 am: Edit Post

Hi,

I am planning for a kearala trip for 4 days along with my friends.Can someone help us out in preparing a good tour itinerary? We would like to visit waterfalls,hill stations,backwaters, house boats,dams & hilly area.. Thanks!

Regards,
Rahul

By hemant teli on Monday, October 15, 2012 - 10:29 am: Edit Post

hi,

i am planning a trip to kerla for 5 days with my family of 16. we will be reaching kottayam on sunday 8th dec and will leave on saturday 15th dec.

Please suggest suitable plan.

Thanks and regards,
Hemant Teli
hemant.teli@gmail.com

By Anonymous on Friday, November 02, 2012 - 04:50 am: Edit Post

i plan a tour in kerala with family for 4 to5 days .give me a tour map for a trip, ineed to visit watterfalles,hill stations,backwaters,wild life centuries, house bots,dams&hill area.also give me normal hotel and travel guids deatails.we wii come on kochi airport,i expect to your help

By Joe on Tuesday, November 27, 2012 - 11:22 am: Edit Post

Hi all, I am planning to visit kerala with some friends somewhere in february next year for 7 days 6 nights. We need advise and tips on our travel planning there.

Where we intend to go:
Cochin - arrival
Munnar - sightseeing and a night stay
Thekkady - wildlife sightseeing and a night stay.
Aleppy - backwaters and a night stay in houseboat.
Cochin - departure

What we intend to do:
Sightseeing
Camel riding
Elephant riding
Shopping
Trekking

Kindly advise where can we do those activies along our journey.

Regards,
Joe

By meghna on Friday, January 04, 2013 - 04:28 am: Edit Post

we r planning for kerala trip for 5 days.we will stay in alleppey only .bcaz our hotel are booked.so we ve to manage our trip from alleppey only...so please give me respective plan.our hotel is already booked for 5 days.we need only sightseen plan n traveling service.

By Aparna on Wednesday, January 16, 2013 - 07:56 am: Edit Post

I would like to cover below places in 2N/3D is its possible ? How can I plan it , please give suggestion

trivandrum temple,
kovalam beach,
house boat drive through canal villages, island 1 night stay ,
athirapally water falls,
munnar 1 night ,
on the way site seeings

By aditi tikku on Friday, February 15, 2013 - 02:12 am: Edit Post

hi,m planning a 4-5days holiday to kerela with my friends.i want to go to vaithri tree house for one night and backwaters cruise for one night...rest i would like to visit the kovollam beach...n periyar tiger reserve or thekaddy....

can u please help me plan as we would be arriving at thivandrum....any other places to visit n their best sequence acc to the distance.

m leaving on 19th and coming back on 24th..
please help

By Jay Joban on Sunday, March 03, 2013 - 08:55 am: Edit Post

Hi Aditi,
Your itenary request sounds good, just what we would like to also do.

That is tree house, bit of back of waters, wildlife reserves and a little city life.

Would be good to hear if you have had an reply to your request.

Thnks
Jay
jobanjay at yahoo dot co dot uk

By KERALA DAYZ.COM on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 01:50 am: Edit Post

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Kerala Dayz

Many thanks for your query. We are pleased to forward you a proposal for the suggested trip and can deliberate on the same or forward you more suggestions upon hearing from you. Please let us know your reviews on the same.

DAY 1: Cochin Munnar 135 km
Arriva at Cochin proceed to Munnar visit spice plantation vallara waterfalls, cheeyappara waterfalls, kallar falls, karadipara view point etc... Overnight accommodation at Munnar

DAY 2: Full day Munnar Sightseeing.
After breakfast, Sightseeing travel to echo point,, Mattupetty lake and dam Eravikulam national park , tea museum, kundala dam, photo point ,shooting point , top station ,tea plantation tour , hydel park, rose garden ,bating national park , elephant ride etc... Overnight accommodation at Munnar,

DAY 3: Thekkady 110km -3hrs
After breakfast proceed to Thekkady for sightseeing. Wild life and stay visit wild life sanctuary , Ayurvedic massages , boating at Periyar ,wild sanctuary, spice garden , trekking , elephant riding , and watch kathakali,kalaripayattu, etc..Overnight accommodation at Thekkady

DAY 4: Kumarakam /Alleppey. -170km 5hrs
Sightseeing- checks in to house boat cruise and overnight stay. Enjoy the Kerala back water cruise, historical church , paddy fields, ,kuttanadan back water life , fishing , coir industry , toddy shop , back water island etc .. This is the only region cultivate rice below sea level - A/c deluxe house boat with all food.

DAY 5: Cochin 70km -2hrs
Check out from house boat and proceed to Cochin sightseeing
visiting gateway of Kerala ,Cochin sightseeing , St.Francis church, Dutch cemetery, Chinese fish-ing nets, Jewish synagogue, Dutch palace, hill palace, museums , fort kochi, marine drive boating etc...Evening visit LULU mall.
Day 6: Cochin drop
Drop at Cochin Airport/Railway station

For cost and further information, feel free to contact on the telephone numbers given below or email us on keraladayz@gmail.com

For Kerala Dayz
Antony
Email-- keraladayz@gmail.com
Near Holiday Inn hotel N H
Geethajali road
Geethajali lane
Vennala
Vyttila
Cochin
Kerala

By KERALA DAYZ.COM on Sunday, May 12, 2013 - 01:28 am: Edit Post

Dear Sir,

Greetings from Kerala Dayz

Many thanks for your query. We are pleased to forward you a proposal for the suggested trip and can deliberate on the same or forward you more suggestions upon hearing from you. Please let us know your reviews on the same.

DAY 1: Cochin Munnar 135 km
Arriva at Cochin proceed to Munnar visit spice plantation vallara waterfalls, cheeyappara waterfalls, kallar falls, karadipara view point etc... Overnight accommodation at Munnar

DAY 2: Full day Munnar Sightseeing.
After breakfast, Sightseeing travel to echo point,, Mattupetty lake and dam Eravikulam national park , tea museum, kundala dam, photo point ,shooting point , top station ,tea plantation tour , hydel park, rose garden ,bating national park , elephant ride etc... Overnight accommodation at Munnar,

DAY 3: Thekkady 110km -3hrs
After breakfast proceed to Thekkady for sightseeing. Wild life and stay visit wild life sanctuary , Ayurvedic massages , boating at Periyar ,wild sanctuary, spice garden , trekking , elephant riding , and watch kathakali,kalaripayattu, etc..Overnight accommodation at Thekkady

DAY 4: Kumarakam /Alleppey. -170km 5hrs
Sightseeing- checks in to house boat cruise and overnight stay. Enjoy the Kerala back water cruise, historical church , paddy fields, ,kuttanadan back water life , fishing , coir industry , toddy shop , back water island etc .. This is the only region cultivate rice below sea level - A/c deluxe house boat with all food.

DAY 5: Cochin 70km -2hrs
Check out from house boat and proceed to Cochin sightseeing
visiting gateway of Kerala ,Cochin sightseeing , St.Francis church, Dutch cemetery, Chinese fish-ing nets, Jewish synagogue, Dutch palace, hill palace, museums , fort kochi, marine drive boating etc...Evening visit LULU mall.
Day 6: Cochin drop
Drop at Cochin Airport/Railway station

For cost and further information, feel free to contact on the telephone numbers given below or email us on keraladayz@gmail.com

For Kerala Dayz
LISTON
Email-- keraladayz@gmail.com
Near Holiday Inn hotel N H
Geethajali road
Geethajali lane
Vennala
Vyttila
Cochin
Kerala

By rithikgudavalli on Saturday, October 11, 2014 - 03:50 am: Edit Post

we (4 members )are planning to visit kerala in the month on dec. please suggest the planning and good accommodation to cover more places please .

By achyut shankar on Monday, November 10, 2014 - 06:24 am: Edit Post

want to go for 2 days to kerla from chennai...how to plan??which mode will be the convenient to travel
what are places dat i can visit for 2 days?

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com | My-Telugu.Com | My-Gujarat.Com | My-Maharashtra.Com | My-Uttarpradesh.Com | My-WestBengal.Com | My-Mobilephone.Com
Webmasters | AdNetwork | Take Us | e-mail Us
© My-Kerala.Com