My-Kerala

Message Board Home Tree Login / Register Search Latest Messages Start Format Help Email-Us

How to attract foreign tourists

Kerala Forum: Kerala Travel and Tourism: How to attract foreign tourists

By Helen Cherian on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 07:22 am: Edit Post

We are so blessed with beauty and educated population unlike other states.We got to instill in the minds of our people to give priority in cleanliness.We can learn much from Singapore.This city state do not have any natural beauty ,all is man made and yet much more tourists than kerala due to clealiness,good infrastructure and disciplined people.We should show the rest of India how to maintain cleanliness.We got to be broadminded and allow more night life and improvement on infrastructure.Tourism potential in Kerala is great and we got to make the best of it so that our people will have employment and poverty be eradicated.We should continue the ban on begging.More efforts should be made to attract international tourists,dom't worry if the peopple from the north comes or not.They do not spend generously.So far we are doing well and we must keep promoting kerala abroad.Goa is an example but we can do better than Goa .Keep up the good work.

By Sarah on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 07:23 am: Edit Post

That┤s all very nice, Helen. But you forgot a very important issue: tourists, specially women travellers, accompanied or not, are too often disrespected by indian nationals in Kerala. Those who earn their living out of tourism should know better than think that occidental women are always an easy prey for cash or . Men, single or married, have a too intense and randy behaviour against occidental women, while kerala women look at us as if we are rubbish!!! One of the main issues about a successful tourism industry is tolerance and understanding the tourists┬┤s culture and expectations. But, as per today, I haven┬┤t still seen any signs of it in the region. No doubt that Kerala is a magnificent place to spend holidays, but if the target is to promote a steady tourism industry, people making profit from us should stop harrassing us, because what they get from their behaviour is our immediate will to go away and never come back.

One other thing I┬┤m still figuring out about Kerala┬┤s uses is the immediate despective discrimination on tourist mixed race couples (whites with blacks, blacks with yellows,etc). Keralan people┬┤s behaviour is even more appalling towards steady european-indian couples. Kerala envious men will bluntly try to get european women in their beds, therefore disrespecting the occidental woman and her indian partner, while keralan women will grunge around the issue in anger manifesting their opposition, as if a mixed couple is an act "contra natura"!!!
And this happens only by walking next to each other on the streets. If they dare hold hands, it could be immediate lynching!!! Sad...

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com | My-Telugu.Com | My-Gujarat.Com | My-Maharashtra.Com | My-Uttarpradesh.Com | My-WestBengal.Com | My-Mobilephone.Com
Webmasters | AdNetwork | Take Us | e-mail Us
© My-Kerala.Com