My-Kerala

Message Board Home Tree Login / Register Search Latest Messages Start Format Help Email-Us

Vettaiku oru magan Temple

Kerala Forum: Kerala General: Vettaiku oru magan Temple

By Lekha on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 11:37 am: Edit Post

Anyone knows the details about the temple "vettaiku oru magan" temple in kerala.

By Judeson on Saturday, July 21, 2007 - 11:38 am: Edit Post

Hi Sri, There is one in our village...Varapuzha...But it is a family temple...
-Jude

By Sivaram Venugopal on Thursday, September 06, 2007 - 06:47 am: Edit Post

"Vettaiku oru magan" temple is in Kottayam.

By keralite on Saturday, February 02, 2008 - 03:24 pm: Edit Post

there is a vettiku oru makan temple in palakkad near ayyapuram behind goverment victoria college

By Sreejith Nangeelil on Friday, April 03, 2009 - 07:52 am: Edit Post

The temples in kerala has been all the time an amazing factor for its uniqueness in structure, rituals, customs etc. some of these are even connected with our great epics Ramayana and Mahabharatha. The national agenda for us, therefore, shall be to preserve and nurture this invaluable tradition that has been bequeathed to us from time immemorial and thereby to uphold the greatness of our culture.

The Gods are even called to witness events like Marriage, annaprasam (Feeding ceremony of the child) or any other important occurrence in the family. Major event in the temple is the annual festival, which provides a special occasion for worship and opportunities for special rejoicing. Thousands turn up to watch elephants with colourful parasols and flying whisks held aloft them and to hear the playing of drums, music or participate in general merriment like fireworks, exhibitions etc. The temples of Kerala is introduced as the house of prayer, a social club and cultural centre which place a role in the lives of people far more vital than any other institution.

Temples may also be called by other names like Mandir, Mandira, Kovil, Koil, Ambalam, Kshethram, Devalayam depending upon the sud continent and local languages. It is believed that each temple is constructed as it represents the body of human. Thus a temple denotes all aspects of a human body. Some times we refer a temple as body of the deity which is installed. It is said that a temple should provide calm, quiet and neat environment where devotees can get peace of mind.

read more www.thekeralatemples.com

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com | My-Telugu.Com | My-Gujarat.Com | My-Maharashtra.Com | My-Uttarpradesh.Com | My-WestBengal.Com | My-Mobilephone.Com
Webmasters | AdNetwork | Take Us | e-mail Us
© My-Kerala.Com