My-Kerala

Message Board Home Tree Login / Register Search Latest Messages Start Format Help Email-Us

ISiM Workshop on "Introduction to Research Methods in Engeering"

Kerala Forum: Kerala General: ISiM Workshop on "Introduction to Research Methods in Engeering"
By Lohith Krishnamurthy on Saturday, October 02, 2010 - 11:57 pm: Edit Post

International School of Information Management, University of Mysore, Mysore

Given the poor ranking of Indian academic institutions and steady decline in India's research output despite the quantum growth in higher education especially in Engineering, policy makers in India have been urging academia to kindle, nurture, and inculcate research culture and mindset amongst engineering graduates. In this backdrop, International School of Information Management (ISiM) is organising a two day workshop on 4th & 5th October 2010 on “INTRODUCTION TO RESEARCH METHODS IN ENGINEERING” by N Sundararajan, Professor of School of Electrical & Electronic Engineering, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
Narasimhan Sundararajan a B.E (E&E) from the University of Madras & a M.Tech from the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras. He did his Ph.D. in Electrical Engineering from the University of Illinois, Urbana-Champaign in 1971.
The goal of the research process is to produce new knowledge, which takes three main forms
• Exploratory research, which structures and identifies new problems.
• Constructive research, which develops solutions to a problem.
• Empirical research, which tests the feasibility of a solution using empirical evidence.
The primary purpose for applied research is discovering, interpreting, and the development of methods and systems for the advancement of human knowledge on a wide variety of scientific matters of our world and the universe. Research in Engineering has moved to a new reviewing system. Understanding research goals and techniques for generation of research topics will be dealt extensively in the workshop.

The 2 days event shall stress on development of a research proposal, Sourcing of information, literature review, literature search, On-line data base search tools, Engineering index, Citation science index & the World Wide Web.

The workshop will delve on the following areas giving insights into Research & its nitigrities

1. RESEARCH PREPARATION AND PLANNING
2. RESEARCH SOURCES AND REVIEW .
3. ACADEMIC WRITING & ORAL PRESENTATION
4. RESEARCH ETHICS
5. GENERAL RESEARCH ADVICE TO PH.D STUDENTS

For more information, please contact: Mr. Athif Mohammed
Email: officel@isim.ac.in

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com | My-Telugu.Com | My-Gujarat.Com | My-Maharashtra.Com | My-Uttarpradesh.Com | My-WestBengal.Com | My-Mobilephone.Com
Webmasters | AdNetwork | Take Us | e-mail Us
© My-Kerala.Com