My-Kerala

Message Board Home Tree Login / Register Search Latest Messages Start Format Help Email-Us

Hinduism - a way of life

Kerala Forum: Kerala General: Hinduism - a way of life
By Ramnath Babu on Friday, January 16, 2009 - 07:24 am: Edit Post

It is said that Hinduism is a way of life rather than a religion. Over five thousand years ago, a cultured society existed in the banks of river Sindhu and the plains of North India, who adopted a life-style in line with the nature. They were called the followers of Sanatana Dharma.

The followers of Sanatana Dharma believed in the policy of LIVE AND LET LIVE, Vasudhaiva kudumbakom and Aham brahmasmi or Tatvam Assi. With such high thinking, they loved everything on the universe - living and nonliving. They allowed other faiths to flourish in this land.

However, the recent utterances of the central government, when it comes to the faith of Hindus, leave a question mark in the minds of Hindus. Whether it is the question of Babri masjid or Sethu samudram project, this central government has been taking an anti-hindu stand althrough. (it is another matter, hundreds of temples have been destroyed in Jammu & Kashmir alone in the 10 years or so. Although, unlike in the sixties,when Kerala youths were attracted to communism, the present generation are god fearing people. HOwever what I do not understand is the wisdom ofKerala youths to bring back the aethists communists or the corrupt congress regime time and again. I do agree that there is no other option left for them with the BJP state unit under various leaders are pulling into different directions. However, for the sake of Hindu unity all of us have to work together and ask the BJP state leaders to behave properly. The need of the hour is the unity of nairs and ezhavas, the two of the most dominant communities under the Hindu umbrella. Let Nateshan or leaders of NSS say diametrically opposite views, but at ground level both these communities should work together, if we want to save our culture. Keralites muslims are now engaged in Jihad and the new christian groups (penticost) are on a conversion spree. Unless Hindus unite in Kerala, the days are not far away when hindus will be a minority in Kerala and you will be forced to make compromise on every issue.

Babu

By anil sharma on Sunday, March 08, 2009 - 11:09 am: Edit Post

their should be protest against conversion activities by local hindu keralites

Add a Message

This is a public posting area. Enter your username and password if you have an account. Otherwise, enter your full name as your username and leave the password blank. Your e-mail address is optional.
Username:  
Password:
E-mail:
Post as "Anonymous"

My-India.Net | My-Kerala.Com | My-Tamil.Com | My-Kannada.Com | My-Telugu.Com | My-Gujarat.Com | My-Maharashtra.Com | My-Uttarpradesh.Com | My-WestBengal.Com | My-Mobilephone.Com
Webmasters | AdNetwork | Take Us | e-mail Us
© My-Kerala.Com